














After the Christmas celebrations were complete, it was time to get geared up for all the New Year’s happenings. New Year’s Eve, Stuart and I made our way down to his cousin, Chad’s and his lovely wife, Kinnett’s house for a wonderful evening of good eats and mingling. Unfortunately, we could not make it to the midnight hour so we headed out early. On the way home we tossed around the idea of heading somewhere else just so we wouldn’t be a pair old fogies on New Year’s night. Then we thought about it a little more and realized we are two old fogies and what better place to bring in 2010 than cozied up at home!! So, we did just that…snuggled up on the couch with Riley Girl, counted down and said goodbye to 2009.
The festivities did not stop there. On the evening of New Year’s Day, we helped to celebrate the wedding of Chad and Kinnett. What a great way to celebrate love and life for the New Year! A gorgeous ceremony and fantastic reception put the perfect endnote on all of the wonderful family gatherings we were able to have this holiday season. Congrats you two! Kinnett we are so happy to have you as part of the family…It was such a “magical” evening ;0).



Oh yea…and somewhere in between all of that (Dec. 12/27) Stuart and I made our way up to the Redskins vs. Cowboys football game! We were slightly behind schedule due to all the traffic, but we met The Freakley crew there (Stuart, Katie, and Will) and settled into our Dream Seats (Thanks Karl!) to enjoy the game. It was a poor showing for the Skins…I think we all expected it. After we froze our hineys off, we parted ways with the Freakley’s and booked it home. Thanks to Stuart, we made it home safely…I pretty much fell asleep as soon as I was in the car.
Even though time seemed to zip right on past without me knowing it, thinking back on the holiday season now, all the hustle and bustle was definitely worth it. I hope all of you can say the same.
No comments:
Post a Comment