Thursday, February 4, 2010

Big Dreams...Hopes...ideas, or whatever it is you call them.

Ahhh...how I hoped by now all of the wallpaper would be down, the walls painted and the house renovations well underway (on the main level at least)...NOT! There is still one section of wallpaper that is haunting me. I think about it day, night, pretty much all the time. (That is precisely the reason why I am writing about it now!) The thing is, once I begin to take down the last little bit of wallpaper in the living area, I will have to remove the curtains from the windows. Annnd, until we clean, sand, paint, pick out new curtain rods and curtains...there will be nothing stopping the world from sneakin' a peek into our home!!! Can you see my dilemma? Ugh!

Ok, as I typed the last little bit there I thought to myself, DUH Heather...do it in reverse order. Ha! Talk about epiphany. I will just need to pick out and buy/make (yes I said MAKE (fingers crossed)) the curtains and then dive into the last few pieces of wallpaper. Easy right....I'll fill you in on how the "easy" part is going when I actually start.

That's the first big HOPE, to have all the home renovations underway and moving along. The next big DREAM goes a little something like this...so I bought this sewing machine...and I plan to become super crafty with it. Pillows, curtains, blankets, etc. My goal is to save money and be super stylish at the same time, a task that I am finding takes quite a bit of "artistic" ability. (Does anyone have a little extra sitting around somewhere that they wouldn't mind sharing?)

My first project was to make some pillows. So far I have made one (pictures below). I was actually surprised at how quick I was able to make it and that it turned out to be a normal looking pillow. So, now, feeling really "able" and "crafty" I am always on the look out for cute fabric and new IDEAS to create something. If you think you have something you'd like to challenge me with, please do! I would love to make something for ya!

Materials (I forgot to take a picture of the finished product...I'll upload it in a bit, oops!)






My HOPE is to become pretty darn good at making all this "stuff" so I can furnish my house with cute decor. without breaking the bank...isn't that every one's goal?

Well, as I always promise, I will try to keep my blog updated as often as possible to let you know how all of my hopes, dreams, and ideas are coming along!! Until next time....enjoy all this SNOW!!! :0)

No comments:

Post a Comment